Accreditations and Quality Management
Our people work in high risk environments every day, whether on a construction site or inside an asbestos enclosure. To keep our people and our customers safe we exceed all of the standards required of us by health and safety legislation.
In addition to our accreditations for health, safety and the environment we are accredited by UKAS, the UK’s sole accreditation body for asbestos testing and inspection. The external audit process is supplemented by our stringent in-house quality management systems both in the laboratory and the field, enabling us to deliver technical excellence.
Our accreditations include:
- UKAS Accreditation ISO 17025:2005 Asbestos Testing Laboratory
- UKAS Accreditation ISO 17020:2012 Asbestos Inspection Body
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- BSI ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems
- BSI ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
- BSI ISO 27001:2013 Information Security Management System
Our professional memberships and supplier registrations include:
- ATaC (The Asbestos Testing and Consultancy Association)
- Achilles UVBD Community Certificate
We are also approved training providers for the following courses:
- BOHS Proficiency modules P401, P402, P403, P404, P405, P407, IP403, IP404, IP405, RP402 and RP405.
- UKATA –Asbestos Awareness Training, Asbestos Awareness eLearning, Duty to Manage: Extension to Asbestos Awareness, Duty to Manage: Appointed Person, Work with Non-Licensed Asbestos Materials.
External Proficiency Schemes
In addition to the robust internal systems and processes we have in place to monitor the quality of our work, our Analysts participate in the external proficiency schemes AIMS (Asbestos in Materials Scheme) and RICE (Regular Interlaboratory Counting Exchanges), administered by the Health and Safety Laboratory (HSL).
Approximately 10% of all AIMS samples prepared by the HSL are validated by 15 independent laboratories using either PLM or SEM microscopy. Santia was approached by the HSL to become a Validation Laboratory for the AIMS scheme because of our track record for excellence – we have maintained the highest AIMS score for quality for more than 6 years; a consistent zero.
Additionally, Santia has maintained a consistent Category 1 performance for RICE, further evidence of the quality of our analysis.
Our People Deliver Quality
As a service sector business, people are at the heart of everything we do. Santia has always believed that we can only deliver a quality service to our customers every day by recruiting a team who display the right ‘aptitude’ and ‘attitude’. We invest heavily in finding and recruiting the best team, a policy which resulted in the acquisition of First Order Red Ltd and subsequent integration into Santia in 2013.
Our people and their personal values are the key to the success of our company vision. Our people have the capability, skills and desire to reliably follow our internal processes and procedures. This combination of factors results in the delivery of true quality by a team that is committed and passionate about delivering an outstanding level of service to our clients.
We have a strong measurable focus on continued professional development for each and every team member, many who have flourished during their career at Santia. Whilst there are minimum qualifications required to prove competency, we supplement these with a wide variety of other qualifications:
- BSc, MSc and PhD
- IOSH and NEBOSH
- Confined space training
- Powered Access Licence for work at height using MEWPs (IPAF)
- Various other professional qualifications specific to role.
Many of our Consultants have joined us from related industries, bringing with them experience in construction, health and safety and other fields, whilst some join us as graduates with a strong academic background. Collectively, our team adds value to our customers through their unique combination of skills and experience, and a desire to provide the highest standards of quality.